What Should I ask About Dermal Fillers Before Treatment ?
It always pays to ask some questions about what brands of dermal fillers are going to be used so as to be positive that you are only getting the best products from your cosmetic clinic.
Some things to take not of are :
- Only ever deal with a recognised clinic that is run by cosmetic doctors.
- Always be sure to ask for what period of time or how long they have been operating as cosmetic doctors with fillers.
- Be 100% that the product on offer is the genuine product and you are getting the recognised brand that you are paying for. Request to inspect the packaging of the product prior to any treatment.
- Be very careful when it comes to extremely cheap injectable ‘deals’ as they may be associated with a counterfeit product.
What Types Of Dermal Fillers Are There ?
To make it as easy as possible to under for our clients, dermal fillers can be put into tow categories for Australia and for how long they will last per use.
Non Permanent Injections 3 Months All The Way To Three Years
For non permanent treatments, we only recommend dermal fillers where their active ingredient consists of polysaccharide. This is basically a complex sugar chain which is found in all animal and human skin. Because these products are naturally found in your own skin, the chances of you having an allergic reaction are very minimal and also eliminates pre treatment skin testing. It should be noted, these fillers are not of any animal origin. How this works is that polysaccharide is manufactured synthetically but is identical to that found in human skin as it is.
Why Do We Believe That These Are Some Of The Best Dermal Or Facial Fillers ?
We believe that these are some of the best products on the market because :
- These tend to provide the best possible correctional results for helping sculpt and add volume
- Carry with it a proven safety record and are a proven product
- These injectables are not sourced from animal matter
- Eliminates the need for pre-testing before treatment can be administered
- Normally deliver a correction period of : 3 months – 12 months depending on the brand of filler used
What About Permanent And Semi Permanent Fillers ?
This is the other type of filler that you can find through yopur cosmetic clinic is permanent to semi permanent filler. The primary focus of these fillers is to deliver volume to the given area being treated but onward from that, also stimulate the surrounding tissue to help form new collagen. Given the principles of how these fillers work, they do have somewhat of a tendency to form foreign body granulomas in some cases which are otherwise hard red lumps which may end up requiring cortisone injections or surgical excision.
What Is Our Recommendation To Which Facial Fillers You Should Use ?
From our own professional opinion and based on actual anecdotal reports, there is the distinct possibility there could be permanent complications with these types of dermal fillers. Although it may seem tempting, that however reducing the cost long term, and the time and discomfort involved it is not the preferred safety method or method that is designed to produce the best possible results. We advise you take this into account seriously if you are thinking of venturing down the permanent avenue.
What Is The Primary Purpose Of Dermal Fillers ?
- Dermal fillers can be used for filing in wrinkles or hollows which commonly occur from natural age or even weight loss
- Facial fillers can be used for enhancing facial features such as that of cheek bones or the chin area
- For Correcting Scars from injury or post surgical scars.
- For correcting acne scars
- Non Surgical Rhinoplasty for hiding deformities of the nasal areas and for people not wanting surgery.
- Lip Augmentation for added volume and fullness to lips making them look more sensual.
How Long Does Dermal Facial Correction Last ?
We often get asked this question in how long do dermal fillers last. You must understand that no two people are the same. How long facial fillers last largely depends on the individual in question, what type of dermal filler was used and where about it was injects can also play a role in how long your treatment will last. We would best advise you on this after a treatment based on your own results and the filler that was chosen for your treatment.